Gain Executive Functioning Skills and break down barriers that are holding you back at work, school, at home and in relationships.
Davis Concepts for Life®
The Davis Concepts for Life® program is designed to help individuals who may face challenges in areas such as: executive functioning, focus, emotional regulation, energy level regulation, organization, behavior, and relationships. This comprehensive and pleasurable program is very engaging, hands on, 3D and fun for both the participant and the support person.
Davis Concepts for Life® is a unique program, created for anyone who wants to:
- Manage stress effectively
- Reduce fear of change
- Increase focus
- Be more organized
- Create more order in all aspects of life
- Improve their relationships
- Make better decisions
- Take more responsibility
The concepts are effective for youth (over the age of 8), teenagers, young adults and adults of any age. They can also provide a very helpful framework for families and couples who want positive strategies and a common language for working through issues that arise.
What is Davis Concepts for Life®?
It is an individualized program based on Ron Davis’s work – Nurturing the Seeds of Genius.
Davis Concept for Life® provides the opportunity for you to create meaningful, lasting change in your life.
Firstly you are coached through a series of simple, effective tools to manage stress, control energy levels and create and maintain focus.
Following this, you create clay models of 40 life-concepts, including: consequence, change, time, sequence, order and disorder – allowing you to gain control of your environment.
You will also explore concepts such as emotion, want, need, motivation, and responsibility – resulting in greater control of your internal world and the enhanced ability to apply them effectively into your life.
All concepts are explored and experienced in the real world to allow you to create a framework for understanding and taking positive control of situations.
Benefits of the program include:
- Increased self awareness
- Less anxiety
- Greater capacity to cope with change
- Willingness to try new things
- Reduction in sensory overload
- Self management tools to assist with: stress, focus and energy levels
- Insight into the relationship between cause and effect
- Understanding of time, sequence and order
- The ability to establish order in one’s environment and daily life
- Awareness of the role that emotion plays in self-motivation
- The ability to apply a framework to establish self-responsibility
- Recognition of different types of relationships
- The enhanced ability to make decisions based on what is right or wrong for self
Davis Concepts for Life® is a flexible program. It can be done intensively, or in small segments, with plenty of time in between, for the essential explorations in your own environment. The schedule is flexible and can be tailored to the individual, depending on needs and time requirements. The total time commitment is usually anywhere from 35-45 hours, or more, if needed. During your complimentary telephone consultation, we can talk about program options. We will find the fit for your needs.